How Chinese censorship killed an acclaimed horror game
- Published: 02 August 2019
- By all accounts, Devotion was a great game. That sentence has to be in past tense, and the opinion has to be second-hand, because Devotion was only available to play for one week earlier this year. But apparently, it was a twisted and masterful psychological horror title inspired by games like PT, but steeped in Taiwanese superstition.
Devotion landed on Steam in February and it quickly earned thousands of positive reviews. And then China got involved.
Read our full story on Engadget: engadget.com/2019/08/02/china-censorship-video-games-tencent-mobile-pc/
Get More Engadget:
• Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/engadget
• Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/engadget
• Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/engadget
• Read more: engadget.com
- Science and Technology